Currently, I’m actually obsess with diving. How selfish it seems that when I urge people to try diving, I will only explain how it makes me feel.
“Exhilarating, energy rush, makes you feel alive in some kind of survival way”
It’s all about how it makes me feel. And somehow I feel that I haven’t really given much thought on how I can help maintain this beautiful creations.
While trying to gather inspiration around, I came upon this impressive young fellow who is passionate about ridding the ocean of plastic.
Maybe this guy should start this project on kickstarter. I will surely support him!
I have this penchant to explore. Not the way to scratch off a list of must see places around the globe but just to stay there a while and observe people. I like seeing things in another perspective and define my world. When I was young, I just like going to different places all the time, to maybe to have a story to tell amongst friends.
After more than a decade of freedom, I somehow understood what travelling ignites.
I love to travel:
a. It forces me to trust my intuition
- In a world where there are multitude of stories about scam and cons, my first thought is doubt. Eventually, I learn to discern people’s intention. I learn how to trust my intuition and read people based on circumstance. I remember instances where I need to rely on stranger’s kindness, that feeling of helplessness is diluted with trust. I still believe that some people are still willing to help strangers as I would be doing when I see tourists that need help. A certain kind of peace when I pay it forward.
- I still get lost. I frantically stare at maps. Wished I read the map earlier, but my mind would jump into hyper mode navigation when I’m required to. Somehow, I still like being lost once in a while, the place gets familiar then eventually I will grow to love the surroundings. By then, it will be easy to return to a familiar.
c. Moments, Memories, Photographs
- Clicking my camera randomly at people, at places. The feeling of capturing the soul of the place, there maybe no perfect picture for everything, but somehow knowing that I will look back at this and go back to the time that was, makes me nostalgic. Nowadays, I’m addicted to instagram. I like to show and inspire people with photos, never about oversharing or bragging, being active in social media ignites the passionate take I have in making people see the world, a glimpse of a big big world. Humbling.
- I like travelling with friends. I honestly get to know them better that way. Not just their life stories but also how they are with little quirks. Interestingly, I get to adjust and go with the flow. Plus all the funny stories we get to reminisce, it’s all fun from day 1.
e. Big world
- Seeing a whole new culture awakens my sense of being. It’s a truth I often forget when living a daily routine. I get tipped off from my small world into a big universe. My frustrations are so much self centered and I echoed it as a big problem. It’s not about seeing misery and being thankful I am not in that situation, more on I become aware that my problems can be solved as I see strangers simply smiling. I thank God whenever I see a great natural beauty and wish that I can be reminded of that everyday.
And when I see families travelling, couples holding each other’s hands, friends sharing laughs, children playing, backpackers sharing a table…I smile and wish that I could stay longer.
There’s a place where I can smell food every corner I stroll and all the wild lights beaming through the windows as we pass by, a place called Osaka.
We had to find our way from the station to our hotel which is very difficult by the way. We asked around but apparently they don’t seem to know the buildings around!
We love shopping at the Don Quijote, one of the largest discount stores in Osaka. I grabbed a bunch of Green tea flavored kitkats and other cute chocolates. I think I can stay here for around 2hours just browsing at the different choices!
What excites me is exploring a new place and discover new cultures. Day by day, I dream of being able to travel the whole world. This blog is my keepsake for all my travels as well as tips I can share for fellow wanderlust, enjoy! Cest La Vie!